Monday, November 2, 2009

Paw Paw Tunnel 2


This is Ned walking out the far end of the tunnel. I estimate he was about 300 yards away --I was using zoom lens on camera.


This wooden walk way that went off around the bend once you got thru the tunnel. As beautiful as all this looks you also really get a sense of just howrugged it is as well.


This is the entrance as we walked back out . That is Ned rolling along ahead of me as per usual. When he gets a head of steam up all I can do is eat his dust.


There was a posted sign that said DO NOT CLIMB STEPS TO TOPP. I am sure that I am not the first or last person who snuck up to the walkway above the tunnel entrance. That is me and the tunnel entrance. I am the one on top.
What is spectacular about this place is the various kinds of geology you can see in then background of these pics. The various types of layers of different types of rocks--amazing that a tunnel could be built in this area because of the varying challenges from how all these geologic formations crumbled together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment