Sunday, October 25, 2009

C & O Cumberland to Hancock Md 4



Scene along the canal. The Potomac River is less than 100 yards on the right (south).



At several points along the path (heading east)you can see the canal on your left and the Potomac River on the right. This was one of those places that reinforced the feeling that I am one of the luckiest people on the face of the earth. Everyone should be fortunate enough to see this place like I did.



This was the second rider I saw this day and when he got closer I was surprised at the interesting way he was dressed--all in black. The path is narrow here so I got off to one side so he could pass. He was loaded for long range travel , riding fast and would not make eye contact.



Another pic of how the canal curves . The Potomac is very close on the right.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment