Sunday, October 11, 2009

Coraopolis to Connellsville Pa. 3



There were several places where the trail intersected a highway that I had to get off the bike and walk it thru. Considering the obstacles of building a trail in an urban setting with the type of terrain involved places like this were a very minor inconvenience. It also gave me a chance to stretch my legs a bit.
I am glad I am not pulling the trailer because when you come across places like this you have to unhook and carry that sucker down the hill because there is no way you can walk the bike/trailer at the same time. I tried it once back in Oregon during the first week of trip and almost lost the whole rig off a cliff when it got away from me.



This is looking back at those steps from previous pic after crossing road.



Another thing that made this stretch of trail interesting is that there are probably 25-30 of these posts set up at the various road intersections. This keeps motor vehicles off the path. The spaces between these posts are about 36 inches wide and my bike and me is about 30 inches wide so I have to slow down considerably to ride thru . I rode thru all of them with no problems--so far so good.



This was a longer tunnel that actually curved to the right inside so you can not see the light at the end of the tunnel until you are quite aways in. After about 100 feet of darkness that light was a welcome sight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment