Saturday, August 15, 2009

Zanesville Ohio USA 2



Last evening the downtown areA was almost deserted so it was fun tooling around the streets seeing the sites, and there was a lot to see. Z-ville is a great place to check out--lots of history and interesting stuff to see.
Not far from the courthouse I saw this very classy memorial and thought it was one of the best I had ever seen. Then I rode a little further and saw the memorial below.



This is about 8 feet tall and all these metal helmets have the name of a soldier on them. I just stood and stared for a long while. In my experience I had not seen something like this before and it was very moving.



This is one of those beautifully painted plastic ceramic things that are all over town. I guess it is a vase but I could not find anyone to ask for sure. Miss Sassy will know exactly what this is supposed to be and I am sure she will inform me of same during our next phone conversation.



This was closed when I got there but it is a place I want to revisit and learn more about what happened here over the years.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony! Steve and I are looking forward to your stay at Chez Schell.We wanted to give you some directions once you are in the neighborhood. We noticed that the googled directions take you as far as the Lakewood community circle. As you start thru the circle you take the first right hand turn and go go approx. 0.5 miles to Lakewood Drive south and we are the first house on the right hand side. If you need more specific directions please let us know. The head cook is asking if you have any dinner requests otherwise you are at her mercy. As you get an idea what day you might arrive please let us know. Steve's cell # is 240-727-4434, Donna's cell is 301-707-1846 and our home # is 304-738-4768. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete