Friday, June 26, 2009

Fort Benton Mt



When I first rode into FB I went past the high school and a beautiful football field and watched about 20 players and some coaches run 7 on 7 drills obviously working on spread formation offense. They seem to have a quarterback with quite an arm.
Anyway all around the school and all over the town for that matter the streets were painted with these yellow marks I could not readily identify. I knew it had to have something to do with their mascot but could not figure out what it was.
I mean coming from the Midwest Athletic Conference, the best small school sports conference in Ohio and possibly the universe (this is one tough league) I have seen things like this before. In Versailles there are all sorts of tiger paws and chickens painted on the road. In New Bremen there are cardinal (the bird) tracks all over town and in Coldwater you see the prints made by high heeled shoes with dragging purse marks everywhere, but I was stumped by this spore.



Then I had my asnswer.





There is a really cool park/path that runs along the Missouri river the whole length of town. It has many neat displays, statues and informational signs. This statue in particular caught my eye , mainly because I like dogs and you don't see many in bronze, but the 2 bouquets of flowers laying there was interesting .



And then I read the rest of the story.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment