Sunday, June 28, 2009

Interesting art seen along the road from Fort benton to Havre



This is something you would miss if you were driving by in a car. The use of the stones is very unusual.


I found thisproperty marker interesting enough to stop and take a pic. As I was doing that a pickup truck stopped on the road and asked what I was doing. When I told him he said you better not get too much closer to this ranch. These are a tough bunch,rattlesnake mean , and there are stories about people going up that lane and never being seen again. So I got on my bike and took off down the highway, and did not look back.



Another piece of art (I guess ) that was sitting on an fence post a ways off the road. I almost missed it. Not sure what it all means but there was a rough plate that said "uncouth habit" at the base. It looked kinda like the same wording that was on the stone figure in top pic.



Putting boots on fence posts is a thing out here. I have seen it several times. Again, not sure what it all means.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment