Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beulah to Bismarck 5



Once I went through Washburn and headed south the wind was not as big a factor than it had been the first 45 miles. The last 40 miles was on route 1804 which runs along the Missouri River and is a pretty of ride as I have been on so far. There are a bunch of decent sized hills but very little traffic. The only negative about this ride was that I started late inn the day and finished well after dark. I over extended myself and was whipped at the end as I rode into Bismarck.
There are all kinds of great scenery along the route and this was particularly cool because it all changed as the sun set. This reminded me of riding the roads back in Ohio about this time of year in that there are so many different shades of green, soybeans, corn, wheat, oats, hay, various trees and other plants. It is the best time of the year. On this route there were all of the above plants in evidence which is unususal but these are all irrigated lands with water from the river.



This is what the entire ride looked like at least in the daylight.



This is not the best pic of the sunset but it will provide an idea of what it all looked like as I rode.



There is this ranch along route 1804 that was the motherlode of boots on fence posts. The name of the ranch must have the word centipede in it or these folks are rough on boots because there was more than a quarter mile of posts with boots.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment