Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rensselear to Peru 2



Saw this in front yard of a resident of the town of Royal Center which was on today's route. Have not had time to analyze what this is about but it looked good and interesting but I could not find any live people nearby to provide info details .



There was something about this sign that just hollared "Take my picture--I am interesting".
although I took no pictures in the town itself Twelve Mile is pretty neat. It has a great relaxing park with huge swings which I tested for about a half an hour. Dang it feels good to swing free and easy without a thought of any substance in your head. I stayed about an hour and it felt like 5 minutes.

Twelve Mile is world famous for its Lawn Mower 500 race which has been happening since the 1960's--check it out http://twelvemile500.blogspot.com/



This is a pic of the Eel River right outside the town of Mexico Indiana. There were several nice towns on tody's ride and each one was neater than the last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rode about 90 miles today and it was all good. Had a decent side wind from the North which did not affect riding until end of day when I turned south to get to Peru , then it was a very positive thing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment