Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nasua Mt to Wolf Point Mt. 2



This is Elizabeth who is biking from Maine to Seattle. She is smiling because of the tailwind and wanted to get back on the road asap.



The more I ride in Montana the more I get a better understanding of how big a tragedy the coming of the white man was for the native Americans. I am not sure if much or any of it could have been prevented but this was a sad story and it still continues in large part today.
I also thought a lot about this today as I rode and will write more on the topic later on.



This is Dan(?) and Sam also heading east today , smiling away. They had biked with Elizabeth for several days along the way, who I had seen about an hour before.



Wolf Point is in the middle of the Fort Peck indian reservation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment